Wednesday, November 5, 2008

O (bama) Happy Day!!


Not to go on and on and on about something....so really great, so I will!!

But when I woke up this morning and heard the confirmation, of what CNN.com was noting at 3am when I was up with a scratchy dog, I have to say that for the first time in a very long time, I was actually proud of the American side of my heritage. And usually I avoid political speeches like the plague because all I hear when I listen is "Citizens of X (fill in your locale here) I am here today ...blah blah blah...BS...blah blah blah". However, exceptionally I searched out Obama's acceptance speech and when I found the full version on YouTube, played it. And at the end my pride overflowed into tears. Wow. I'm not a crier, and I'm certainly not one usually moved to tears by a speech, from a perfect stranger. But wow. Obama's words were perfect, and the story of the 106yr old woman who voted, didn't even sound contrived, but truly genuine. I'm not naive enough to think he wrote that speech on his own, I'm sure he contributed, but I certainly hope he keeps those writers on his Presidential (woo hoo, love that!) staff, because they are good, real good.

Now the real work begins though, and the new government has a huge task list to address in order to fulfill the promises of change that have been made. We'll see what happens, but on this side of the sea we are feeling the breath of fresh air and damn, it feels good, so Congratulations America on getting out there and doing what America was meant to do, and showing the world that democracy and your rights aren't something everyone there takes for granted!!

And hmmm....wonder what kind of puppy they're going to get for the girls...

(Apologies for the poor photo, had to take it with my I-phone and upload it instead of trudging out to the car in the pouring rain to retrieve my camera.)

2 comments:

scargosun said...

Awwww...poor you having to use your iPhone and all.

Did you see that even our former residence of NC is now a blue state? Governor, Senetor and President? My how things have changed. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's a happy day for the majority of us in the US. Finally, some common sense.

After 8 yrs of nonsense we deserve it.

Btw, I hear the oldest daughter is allergic to dogs, so they are looking for a hypoallergenic one. lol. Yeah, good luck with that!

GoBama! yea!