Thursday, July 24, 2008

I want a Fatboy....and so does Freya!

I have a lot of boys.

Cabana-boy, Grill-boy, Lover-boy, Poptart-boy, Make-me-feel-better-boy, Massage-boy, Sailing-boy, Dork-boy....the list in fact would fill an entire blog in and of itself :o) What I do not have is a Fatboy.

I stumbled upon this in the longstrasse (walking street) in the Netherlands while we were visiting our friends/family the M-G's in June. The Fatboy. I fell instantly in love and rushed in to see how much he would put me back...cost in the end was not the issue, transport was...I know it was wrong of me, he was so big....
Now you're all wondering, who is this Fatboy leading me into temptation from all my other boys?......

Meet.....Fatboy.

Ok, so the gig is up....but the lust is not. I enquire desperately among any of you out there (as my test run was but for a few fleeting minutes)...how is the Fatboy? Anyone out there love their Fatboy (not the pudgy family member either--we know you love them!) The description says, fits three adults comfortably....of course, we are only looking for 2 adults and one small lazy dog....err....or visitors, if they can successfully kick us out--Ha! This is exactly what our life, our yard, many parts of it...under the willow tree, by the pond, by the creek, in the field...ahhhhh....needs for our family naps. Naps that are obligatory after all the work we are doing...tsk, tsk....I mean, it is scientific proof that a 30-minute nap is the equivalent of several hours of evening sleep, rejuvenating the body and mind....so T & I are merely following the scientists advice-after all, who Doesn't need a rejuvenated mind these days?!! And quite honestly, this is the first real hammock solution for me....ropey, hammock butt/leg/arm tattoos are just not me....I shall leave tattoos to Tattoo-boy :)

Feel the need to know more about Fatboy?...check out their website (& I don't normally push websites, but I grew up in a beanbag, as did my Jr.(Freya's Heavenly Dogmother and my childhood dog), and there are many happy memories there!) so it's all good--bring a little Fatboy into your life! http://www.fatboy.nl/ ...in English...(doesn't help me here in France, but see our minimal choices here: http://www.youenjoydesign.fr/) as I continue to do research that will keep me from lugging a Fatboy home on my back from NL....

In fact, Freya was so jealous of her Mamma's lusted infidelity, she too fell for a Fatboy. Here is the object of her lazy lust, and here I refer to the doggy Fatboy, not the white pooch...sooooo not her type, she likes her boys big and sheperd-like! T & I are merely discussing the better colour for her...hot pink or camo? We went for the practical grey when discussing our Fatboy...

So, as priorities dictate our lives these days, I must continue to daydream how Fatboy and I will get together some day in the future...in the meantime the M-J family takes some time out at our place in Paris to attend to life there. We are going to be making our first official purchase for the house--outdoor dining furniture!! As the last several dining occasions have shown us, a cobbled together weebly-wobbly table and VERY uncomfortable balcony chairs of old do not make for an agreeable dining experience in our fabulous yard. And as the weather promotes almost exclusive dining alfresco at La Maison M-J this is a true priority! When you visit, I believe you'll thank us for having our priorities in order....then again, as you lie on the hard ground, watching the clouds swim by in the blue sky, with ants and other buggerati crawling on you, perhaps you will curse us for not ditching the dining and getting Fatboy to join the M-J family tout-de-suite!!

1 comment:

scargosun said...

Hmmm. I have something similar but it's not as big. it does the trick though. A snooze is a good thing.